Information for Contract-based Staff
- New Contracted-based Staff in Academia Sinica
Leave of Absence for Contract-based Staff
Performance Evaluation for Contract-based Staff
- Contract-based employees shall sign in “Employment Agreement” (contract) before reporting-for-duty, fill in personnel information card and register in accordance with institute/research center/preparatory office/department regulations. The unit/office in charge will help with the details of labor insurance, health insurance, payment and attendance & leave management.
- Staff (certified or contract-based employees) with disabled handbook or indigenous identity, please submit related documents while reporting for duty.
Performance evaluation is made at the end of each year pursuant to the “Contract-based Employee Performance Evaluation Guidelines, Academia Sinica” as a guide for renewed employment and salary approval.
Part-time Work and Part-time Teaching for Contract-based Staff
Contract-based staff in Academia Sinica are conformed to the Civil Servant Service Act. The regulation governing part-time work of contract-based staff is same as that governing concurrent employment of certified staff in the Academy. Regarding part-time teaching of contract-based staff, the resolution was raised at the 542nd conference of executives in the Central Office of Administration—“contract-based employees such as postdoctoral fellows, research technical contract-based employees and temp assistants shall not engage in part-time teaching outside Academia Sinica, except rare professionals who are needed by the society shall sent to the Academic Affairs Office for reviewal.”
Insurances and Benefits for Contract-based Staff
Rights for Resigned Contract-based Staff
- National Health Insurance (NHI)
- Contract-based staff in the Academy apply for the enrollment, withdrawal, transfer, suspension and resumption of NHI are pursuant to the National Health Insurance Act.
- NHI enrollment/withdrawal application:
- NHI suspension/resumption application:
- Labor Insurance
- The deduction and grant of “pay-as-you-go” contribution benefit of contract-based employees who are under personnel expenditure shall be operated pursuant to the “Regulation of ‘Pay-As-You-Go’ Contribution Benefit for Personnel Served in All Organizations And Schools under Civil Contractual Relationship”. An amount equal to 12% of the monthly salary shall be contributed. 50% of the contribution shall be drawn from an employee’s monthly salary, and the Academy shall provide the other 50% of the contribution.
- Contract-based employees who are under affair expenditure and projects outside Academia Sinica shall follow the regulations of the Labor Standards Act, except there are other regulations from the sponsor. Domestic employees shall contribute labor pension, foreign employees shall contribute labor retirement reserve fund and pay-as-you-go contribution benefit.
- Domestic employees: According to the Labor Pension Act, the Academy contributes 6% of an employee’s monthly wages to his/her pension fund account per month, and an employee may voluntarily contribute per month, up to 6% of his/her monthly wages to the account. Upon reaching 60 years of age, an employee may apply to receive the dividends and principal that have accumulated over the years.
- Foreign employees: According to the Labor Standards Act, the Academy contributes 2% of an employee’s monthly wages to a special account as the reserve fund of retirement payment for the employee. An employee may apply for voluntary retirement and claim for the retirement reserve fund when he/she has worked for more than 25 years; or attains the age of 55 and has worked for 15 years; or attains the age of 60 and has worked for 10 years. To make up a deficiency in the retirement reserve fund, an amount equal to 12% of the monthly salary shall be contributed as the “pay-as-you-go” contribution benefit, pursuant to the Regulation of Pay-As-You-Go’ Contribution Benefit. 50% of the contribution shall be drawn from an employee’s monthly salary, and the Academy shall provide the other 50% of the contribution. The whole amount will be transferred to the employee’s account when he/she resigns.